|Plains Area Scientific Integrity|
Code of Scientific Ethics for the United States Department of Agriculture
AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SERVICE
- I dedicate myself to the pursuit and promotion of beneficial scientific investigation, consistent with the mission of the Agricultural Research Service.
- I will never hinder the beneficial research of others.
- I will conduct, discuss, manage, judge and report science honestly, thoroughly, and without conflict of interest.
- I will encourage constructive critique of my personal science and that of my colleagues, in a manner that fosters harmony and quality amid scientific debate.
- I recognize past and present contributors to my science and will not accept unwarranted credit for the accomplishment of others.
- I will maintain and improve my professional skills and be a mentor to others.
- I will ensure safety and humane treatment of human and animal subjects and will prevent abuse of research resources entrusted to me.