An official website of the United States government
The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser’s address (or “location”) bar.
This site is also protected by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate that’s been signed by the U.S. government. The https:// means all transmitted data is encrypted — in other words, any information or browsing history that you provide is transmitted securely.
The mission of the Human Nutrition Program is to define the role of food and its components in optimizing health throughout the life cycle for all Americans by conducting high national priority research.
Well-nourished Americans making health-promoting diet choices based on scientific evidence.
1. Linking Agricultural Practices and Beneficial Health Outcomes
2. Monitoring Food Composition and Nutrient Intake of the Nation
3. Scientific Basis for Dietary Guidance
4. Prevention of Obesity and Obesity-Related Diseases
5. Life Stage Nutrition and Metabolism
Projects in this Program - by State
Maroon = click to see related projects in these states.
Gray = No related research in this state.