Agricultural Research Service programs generate many publicly accessible data products that are catalogued in the Ag Data Commons. These databases, datasets, and data collections may be maintained by ARS or by ARS in cooperation with other organizations.
Below are links organized by the current ARS National Programs.
Nutrition, Food Safety/Quality
- Human Nutrition (NP #107) (43 datasets)
- Food Safety (animal and plant products) (NP #108) (17 datasets)
- Product Quality and New Uses (NP #306) (4 datasets)
Animal Production and Protection
- Food Animal Production (NP #101) (37 datasets)
- Animal Health (NP #103) (12 datasets)
- Veterinary, Medical, and Urban Entomology (NP #104) (19 datasets)
- Aquaculture (NP #106) (1 dataset)
Crop Production and Protection
- Plant Genetic Resources, Genomics and Genetic Improvement (NP #301) (77 datasets)
- Plant Diseases (NP #303) (40 datasets)
- Crop Protection and Quarantine (NP #304) (77 datasets)
- Crop Production (NP #305) (34 datasets)
Natural Resources and Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- Water Availability and Watershed Management (NP #211) (196 datasets)
- Soil and Air (NP #212) (96 datasets)
- Grass, Forage, and Rangeland Agroecosystems (NP #215) (159 datasets)
- Sustainable Agricultural Systems Research (NP #216) (296 datasets)
National Agricultural Library data
ARS datasets not associated with current National Programs
To submit datasets, please register for an account on the Ag Data Commons. Submit problems, comments, or questions to NAL Ask A Question, or contact us at NAL-ADC-Curator@ars.usda.gov.