Memorial Lecture Nominations
2023 ARS Memorial Lectureships
Nominees can be outstanding senior contributors in industry, universities, or government positions. Current USDA employees are not eligible. Winners will receive a $5,000 honorarium, an engraved plaque and medal. They also, become part of a prestigious cohort of ARS Memorial lecturers, and are featured on the ARS website and social media platforms.
To nominate someone for the 2023 Lectureship awards:
1. Fill out and submit the nomination form: Memorial Lecture Nomination
2. Send an email to the corresponding lecture email address below with two attachments: a) the nominee's most recent resume, and b) a nomination letter explaining the nominee’s contributions to the corresponding lecture topic:
- Morrison Lecture: Nomination letters should describe how the nominee has advanced the science of botany and horticulture. Email letter and resume to MorrisonLecture@usda.gov.
- Atwater Lecture: Nomination letters should describe how the nominee has contributed towards improving the diet and nutrition of people around the world. Email letter and resume to AtwaterLecture@usda.gov.
- Hendricks Lecture: Nomination letters should describe how the nominee has made outstanding contributions to the chemical science of agriculture. Email letter and resume to HendricksLecture@usda.gov
Nominations are Due December 31, 2022