FY 2020 Program Information
- The application period for the FY 2020 1890 Faculty Research Sabbatical Program is now closed.
- ARS will notify finalists by April 1, 2020.
- Collaborative research activities (e.g., project planning, site visits, training) must begin by the residency start date and no later than September 1, 2020, whichever is earlier.
- Residencies can begin no earlier than May 15, 2020, and must begin by June 1, 2021, at the latest.
Important Program Changes in FY 2020
- ARS will fund two types of sabbaticals:
- A 6- to 12-month residency funded at up to $125,000; and
- A summer residency that funds participants at a maximum of $75,000 over 2 consecutive 3-month summer residencies.
- The 1890 FRSP will be open to tenure-track and research-track faculty who have been employed for a minimum of 3 years at their current institutions at the time of proposal submission.
- There is no limit to the number of applications that can be submitted by each 1890 LGU. Although ARS will attempt to maximize the number of institutions receiving awards, multiple awards may be made to the same university based on the quality of the proposals.
FY 2020 Program Documents
- FY 2020 Program Information Document
- Project Information Template (application)
- OMB Research and Related Budget Form (form not supported in Google Chrome browser)