|Plans & Reports|
We are publicly accountable for our fiscal and research-program plans, practices and other responsibilities. ARS and other federal agencies develop 5-year strategic plans and annual performance plans and reports, as required by the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 (GPRA) and the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010 (GPRAMA).
The 2012-2017 ARS Strategic Plan details our mission and sets out our broad goals and objectives along with measurable performance goals, as updated in 2016.
The ARS 2017 Annual Report on Science includes:
- The Performance Report of progress made on ARS’ FY 2016 Performance Plan, including:
- Research outputs – metrics of ARS research productivity
- Progress on emerging priorities
- Advances in ARS produced agricultural resources and research tools
- International collaborations
- Research accomplishments and what they mean to the nation for each of ARS’ research goals
- The Performance Plan delineating expected results for ARS’ research goals in FY 2017-2019.
ARS' previous Strategic Plan and Annual Performance Reports and Performance plans for the previous 5 years are accessible in our GPRA archive.
In addition to reports required by GPRA, we annually document the progress in each of our research projects and National Programs. Links to these reports are in the National Programs section of our web site.