COVID-19 Informative Links:
Alameda County Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) - http://www.acphd.org/2019-ncov.aspx
Safer Federal Workplace - Latest Guidance: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/new/
- Mandatory Federal Employee Vaccination by Nov 22, 2021 - posted Sep 16, 2021: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety - Sep 13, 2021: Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Agency Model Safety Principles [pdf]
Latest guidance for ARS Employees on Axon - https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Employee Tools/Pages/COVID-19-Coronavirus-Information.aspx
- FAQs on Future of Work and Return to Physical Workspace - Townhall Aug 19, 2021 (posted Sep 22, 2021): https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Administrators Corner/Documents/FAQs on Future of Work and Return to Physical Workspace.docx
- Proof of Vaccination and Timeframes Email Oct 19, 2021 from ARS Associate Administrator for Research Operations Simon Liu [pdf].
- Proof of Vaccination Survey due by Nov 9, 2021. See Axon for survey link and qualifying forms for proof.
- Guidance on Federal employee vaccination disclosure - Aug 6, 2021: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Duty Time for COVID-19 Vaccinations (First and Second Doses) - Updated Leave and T&A Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccinations (Oct 25, 2021; pdf)
- Time taken to obtain COVID-19 booster shots is administrative leave.
- For adverse reactions, an employee is authorized up to two days of administrative leave. If more than 2 workdays are needed to recover, the employee may use their own leave or may be eligible to file a worker's compensation claim. See FECA Bulletin 22-01.
- Administrative Leave for COVID-19 Vaccinations for Family Members - Aug 13, 2021: AFM-21-239 https://axon.ars.usda.gov/AFM/Documents/2021-8-13 Administrative Leave for COVID-19 Vaccinations for Family Members.pdf
- Using Emergency Paid Leave (Mar 11, 2021 through Sep 30, 2021) - Find necessary forms here: https://axon.ars.usda.gov/HRD/Pages/Pay-and-Leave.aspx#EPL
CDC Pandemic Resources:
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People - Jul 28, 2021: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/about/index.html
- Pandemic Influenza: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/index.htm
Executive Order on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees - Sept 9, 2021: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/
Planning for a Safe Increased Return of Federal Employees and Contractors to Physical Workplaces, and for Effective, Efficient, and Inclusive Post-Reentry Work Environments - Jun 10, 2021: OMB Briefing Room post https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/briefing-room/2021/06/10/planning-for-a-safe-increased-return-of-federal-employees-and-contractors-to-physical-workplaces-and-for-effective-efficient-and-inclusive-post-reentry-work-environments/; OMB Memorandum M-21-25 [pdf]
USDA Be Prepared - https://www.dm.usda.gov/beprepared/Covid19.htm
- Vaccination Deadlines and Proof of Vaccination - Oct 8, 2021: https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Employee Tools/Documents/2021-10-8 Vaccination Deadlines and Proof of Vaccination.pdf
- Request for a Religious Exception to the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Oct 8, 2021: Communication Archive Number AFM-22-013 [pdf]; request form should be sent to REEaccommodations@usda.gov by Oct 18, 2021
- Return to the Physical Workplace and Vaccination Requirement - Sep 20, 2021: https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Employee Tools/Documents/2021-9-20 Update - Return to the Physical Workplace and Vaccination Requirement.pdf
- COVID Vaccination Requirement Update - Sep 9, 2021: 2021-9-9 COVID Vaccination Requirement Update for all Federal employees and contractors [pdf]
- Future of Work Updated from Deputy Secretary Bronaugh - Sep 8, 2021: A message from Deputy Secretary Bronaugh [pdf]
- Update: COVID-19 vaccination status and workplace safety - Aug 16, 2021: Notice of Certification of Vaccination Form from Deputy Secty. Bronaugh [pdf]
- Future of Work and COVID-19 Update from Deputy Secretary Bronaugh - Aug 4 2021: A message from Deputy Secretary Bronaugh [pdf]
- Frequently Asked Questions: Re-entry and the Future of Work [pdf; updated Oct 22, 2021]
- USDA Workplace Safety Plan - Oct 25, 2021: http://www.usda.gov/coronavirus/workplacesafetyplan
- Vaccine Requirements - Jul 30, 2021: A message from Secretary Vilsack [pdf]
- NEW: COVID-19 Mask Guidance and CDC Update - Jul 28, 2021: A message from Secretary Vilsack [pdf]
- USDA COVID Workplace Safety Required Actions - effective Jan 29, 2021: https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Employee Tools/Documents/USDA COVID Workplace Safety Memo -012921 - Signed.pdf [pdf]
OPM Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/covid-19
- OPM Summary Dec 30, 2020: OPM Summary of Statutory and Regulatory Requirements in Connection with the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) [pdf] Application to Federal Employees
- OPM Memorandum Jun 18, 2020: Annual Leave and Other Paid Time Off Guidance [pdf]
- OPM Fact Sheet May 27, 2020: The Use of Flexible Work Schedules in Response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- OPM FAQ Apr 23, 2020: Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Resumption of Normal Workforce Operations
- OPM Fact Sheet Apr 7, 2020: Federal Employee Coverage under the Leave Provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) [pdf] Note: see Axon for ARS-specific implementation; expired Dec 31, 2020.
- OPM Fact Sheet Mar 27, 2020: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/covid-19/options-for-telework-eligible-employees-with-caregiving-responsibilities/
- OPM Fact Sheet Mar 19, 2020: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/covid-19/fact-sheet-additional-guidance-in-connection-with-the-covid-19-emergency/
- FAQ Mar 19, 2020: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/covid-19/frequently-asked-questions-on-evacuation-payments-during-a-pandemic-health-crisis/
Emergency Alert Notification System: Omnilert
Sign up through the Axon Omnilert webpage (above) to receive employee alerts for: building closures, emergency activities, shutdown information, and other time-sensitive notifications during a disaster, crisis, or major Agency emergency.
eAuthentication - https://www.eauth.usda.gov/MainPages/index.aspx
An account is necessary to access several online employee resources, including the following:
- WebTA - https://wta.nfc.usda.gov/usda/ Electronic time and attendance.
- Employee Personal Page (EPP) - https://www.nfc.usda.gov/epps/ Website for viewing earnings & leave statements, benefit selections, etc., and making changes when appropriate.
- Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) - https://eopf.opm.gov/usdalanding/ Website for viewing Federal employees' official records and documents.
ADSelfService Plus will be decommissioned Jul 30, 2021 - https://axon.ars.usda.gov/ITSD/Pages/ITSD-Communication.aspx
See Axon ITSD Communication 7/26/2021 for new instructions to reset ARS e-mail password.
U.S. Bank Access Online - https://access.usbank.com/
Website for GSA SmartPay purchase and travel cardholders only.
Administrative and Financial Management (AFM) - https://axon.ars.usda.gov/AFM/Pages/Home.aspx
Access to information for REE employees requires LincPass or eAuthentication.
Axon Employee Tools - https://axon.ars.usda.gov/Employee Tools/
This page lists additional key websites for ARS employees, including policy & procedures, bulletins, manuals and forms. Access requires LincPass or eAuthentication.