Phone: (309) 681-6177
USDA ARS NCAUR
1815 N University
Peoria, IL 61604
PhD, Plant Pathology, Colorado State University, 2021
MS, Plant Pathology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2015
BS, Crop Science, The Ohio State University, 2012
My research interests are primarily in pathogen-host interaction to illuminate possible control measures. Currently we are working with Phytophthora spp., specifically pathogens on vegetable crops, to identify small RNA molecules and possible carriers that will inhibit pathogen growth when sprayed onto the host plant.
INVITED CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS
- Lyon, R., Wu, G., Saunders, D., Broders, K.
The effector diversity and population structure of a United States population of
Puccinia striiformis sp. tritici. Plant Health 2019 (APS Annual National Meeting). August 3–7, 2019. Cleveland, OH [poster presentation]
- Becky Lyon: The population structure and effector diversity of a United States population of
Puccinia striiformis sptritici. APS Pacific Division Meeting. June 25–27, 2019. Fort Collins, CO
- Becky Lyon: The population structure and effector diversity within the U.S. population of
Puccinia striiformis sp. tritici. Fungal Genetics Conference. March 12–17, 2019. Pacific Grove, CA [oral and poster presentations]
- Becky Lyon: Forecasting diseases of wheat and corn in Colorado. Colorado Agricultural Aviation Association. November 14, 2018. Loveland, CO [oral presentation]
- Lyon, B., Wu, G., Broders, K. Transcriptomic sequencing of the pathogen Puccinia striiformis sp. tritici from infected wheat across the United States reveals key effectors. International Conference Plant Pathologists. July 29–August 3, 2018. Boston, MA [poster presentation]
- Lyon, B., Correll, J., Feng, C., and Lamour, K. Population Structure of Downy Mildew on Spinach.
Oomycete Molecular Genetics Network Conference. March 14–17, 2015. Asilomar, CA
- Lyon, R.Fine-scale population dynamics of Phytophthora capsici on Long Island, New York.
Oomycete Molecular Genetics Network Conference. March 10–12, 2013. Asilomar, CA
Publications Indexed by Google Scholar
Click here to view Google Scholar entries for Rebecca (Becky) Lyon.
(The Google Scholar results may not reflect a complete or accurate listing for this scientist).
- Lyon, B., Broders, K. (2017, October 2). Impact of climate change and race evolution on the epidemiology and ecology of stripe rust in central and eastern USA and Canada. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology. Taylor & Francis. https://doi.org/10.1080/07060661.2017.1368713
- Lyon, R., Correll, J., Feng, C., Bluhm, B., Shrestha, S., Shi, A., and Lamour, K. (2016). Population Structure of Peronospora effusain the Southwestern United States. PLOS ONE, 11(2), e0148385. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0148385
- Castro-Rocha, A., Shrestha, S., Lyon, B., Grimaldo-Pantoja, G. L., Flores-Marges, J. P., Valero-Galván, J., … Lamour, K. (2016). An initial assessment of genetic diversity for Phytophthora capsiciin northern and central Mexico. Mycological Progress, 15(2), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11557-016-1157-0
- Hu, J., Lyon, R., Zhou, Y., and Lamour, K. (2014). PCR amplification of SNP loci from crude DNA for large-scale genotyping of oomycetes. Mycologia, 106(3), 607–609. https://doi.org/10.3852/13-218
No publications listed for this employee.