David M. Spooner: Potato Germplasm Systematics
- My University of Wisconsin Horticulture Department page
- Research Projects listed in the ARIS system
- Publications listed in the ARIS system
- Other research programs in the Vegetable Crops Research Unit
- Vegetable Crops Research Unit home page
Investigate the species boundaries and phylogenetic relationships of the tuber-bearing Solanum species (Solanum sect. Petota) using comparative morphology, crossing studies, and RFLP analysis of DNA (60%). Collect wild germplasm of these species in the United States, Mexico, Central and South America (20%), and maintain a herbarium of the IR-1 potato collections at Sturgeon Bay, WI (20%).