Dr. Perot Saelao
Molecular Biologist (Bioinformatics)
Phone: (830) 792-0327
Email: Perot.Saelao at usda.org
My research interests are involved in understanding the genetic root of disease resistance and susceptibility and how improvements in the lab can be translated to improvements in the agricultural sector. Utilizing genetic and genomic approaches, I hope to create a better understanding of the regulatory mechanisms involved in host-pathogen interactions. I believe that by applying my expertise in both the molecular sciences and computational methods, I can better develop a holistic understanding of the systems we investigate in the lab.
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=27wRgXwAAAAJ&hl=en
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1171-9187
- (Clicking on the reprint icon will take you to the publication reprint.)
- Genome-wide patterns of differentiation within and across U.S. commercial honey bee stocks-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
Saelao, P., Simone-Finstrom, M., Avalos, A., Bilodeau, A.L., Danka, R.G., De Guzman, L.I., Rinkevich Jr, F.D., Tokarz, P.G. 2020. Genome-wide patterns of differentiation within and across U.S. commercial honey bee stocks. BMC Genomics. 21:1-12. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-020-07111-x.
- Integrative taxonomic description of chewing lice infesting deer: Odocoileus virginianus veraecrucis pediculosis with Tricholipeurus lipeuroides in Veracruz, Mexico-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
- Honey bee microbiome is stabilized in the presence of propolis.-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
Saelao, P., Borba, R.S., Ricigliano, V.A., Spivak, M., Simone-Finstrom, M. 2020. Honey bee microbiome is stabilized in the presence of propolis. 2020. Biology Letters. 16:1-5. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsbl.2020.0003.
- Utilizing whole genome sequencing to identify genomic signatures across US commercial honey bee lines.-(Abstract Only)
Integrated Pest Management of Flies of Veterinary Importance In-House Appropriated (D) Accession Number:436658 Integrated Pest Management of Cattle Fever Ticks In-House Appropriated (D) Accession Number:436694
No news articles listed for this employee.