|Bomb Threats/Suspicious Packages-Orono
BOMB THREATS/SUSPICIOUS PACKAGES
In Case of Bomb Threats:
Important: People making bomb threat calls do not usually call anyone in particular and will relay their message to the first person they contact
If possible, have another person call 911 while you keep the caller on the line. Try not to alert the caller.
Try to obtain as much information as possible by asking the following questions:
Note any of the following information:
- Where is the bomb located?
- When is it set to go off?
- Is the bomb hidden, disguised, or out in the open?
- What kind and size is the bomb
- When did you place the bomb is the building
- Why was it put there?
- What is your name?
- Where are you calling from
- Where do you live?
Immediately after the call is completed, call 911
- Background Noises
- Evacuate the building
- Meet at the evacuation rally point at Nutting Hall loading dock, UNLESS the caller claims the bomb is in the assembly area meet in the Plan B assembly area
- Assist emergency personnel
If you encounter a suspicious package:
DO NOT DISTURB any suspicious package. Call David Torrey (1-3372) so that the proper authorities can be contacted