|HS65: Taste Test Study|
HS65: Taste Test Study
At this time we are no longer recruiting for the fall cohort of the Taste Test Study. We will be recruiting for the winter cohort in November/December. If you have any questions feel free to email us at FoodStudies@USDA.GOV .
The purpose of the study is to understand factors that affect food preference.
You will eat a diet for 3 months. The entire study length is up to 7 months.
This diet will contain the following food items that cannot be removed from the menu. If you have an allergy or dietary restriction to gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, or low calorie sweeteners, you are ineligible for this particular study. If you are lactose intolerant, we will provide LactAid.
The meals contain beef and poultry but no pork.
If you are interested in future studies that might not contain these food items you can join our database to receive emails for future studies.
About the Taste Test Study
- The purpose of the study is to understand factors that affect food preference.
- This study will last a total of 7 months.
- For 3 of the 7 months, you will visit the USDA Nutrition Center for breakfast (M-F) and everyday eat a diet fully provided by the Nutrition Center.
- For the other 4 months, you will eat your own diet and occasionally visit the Nutrition Center.
- Click on the video to the below for more information.
If you have an interest in being a participant of the study there are only 3 steps that you have to do...
- Step 1: Watch the Information Video (See below)
- Step 2: Complete the online Study Application (at the end of the application you will sign-up for a health screening appointment) (See below)
- Step 3: Forms and documents- Download and fill out the provided forms (See below)
Step 1: Informational Video
Please click on the link below to watch a short, 8 minute video, which briefly explains the Taste Test study.
Step 2: Study Application
Follow the link below to sign up for the study. Once you have submitted the form you will receive a copy of your application to the email that you listed.
Step 3: Forms and Documents
- Health History Questionnaire- You can print this form and bring it with you to your screening appointment. We will have hard copies available for you.
- Informed Consent Form- You must read and sign this form before you can participate. A staff member will review this form with you at the screening appointment.
Thank you so much for your interest in being a participant for the Taste Test Study.
Directions to FCHL