|Ling Du, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory
Bldg. 007, Rm. 104, BARC-West
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Voice: (301) 504-0760
Fax: (301) 504-8931
- Wetland and soil properties characterization using machine learning and deep learning based on topographic and lidar/radar data
- Ecosystem carbon-water coupling in response to climate change and climate variability using remote sensing and eddy flux tower data
- 2019 Ph.D. (Ecology and Evolutionary Biology) University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK.
- 2015 M.S. (Global Environmental Change) Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China.
- 2012 B.E. (Urban Planning (Geographic Information System)) Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing, China.
- 2019 - Present: Postdoctoral fellow, Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory, USDA-ARS, Beltsville, MD.
- 2015 - 2019: Research assistant, Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK.
Selected Publications: (please contact the author to determine reprint availability)
Du, G.W. McCarty, X. Zhang, M.W. Lang, M.K. Vanderhoof, X. Li, C. Huang, S. Lee, Z. Zou. Mapping Forested Wetland Inundation in the Delmarva Peninsula, USA Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. Remote Sensing 2020, 12.
Du, N. Mikle, Z. Zou, Y. Huang, L. Jiang, J. Liang, Y. Luo*. Global patterns of extreme drought-induced loss in land primary production: identifying ecological extremes from rain-use efficiency. Science of the Total Environment, 2018, 628-629: 611-620.
Du, T. Zhou*, Z. Zou, X. Zhao, K. Huang, H. Wu. Mapping Forest Biomass Using Remote Sensing and National Forest Inventory in China. Forests, 2014, 5, p.1267-1283.
Du, T. Zhou*, X. Zhao, H. Wu, D. Wu. The spatial distribution of forest biomass in china using remote sensing and national forest inventory. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium,IGARSS, 2014, p.737-740.
Du*, T. Zhou, M. Li, D. Gong. Urban heat island effects derived from dense Landsat thermal observations in Nanjing, China. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2014, 17(012162).
M.W. Lang, V. Kim, G.W. McCarty, X. Li, I.-Y. Yeo, C. Huang, L. Du. Improved Detection of Inundation below the Forest Canopy using Normalized LiDAR Intensity Data. Remote Sensing 2020, 12.
Chang, X. Xiao, W. Jiao, X. Wu, R. Doughty, J. Wang, L. Du, Z. Zou, Y. Qin. Assessing consistency of spring phenology of snow-covered forests as estimated by vegetation indices, gross primary production, and solar-induced chlorophyll fluorescence. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 2019, 275, 305-316.
Wang, X. Xiao*, Y. Zhang, Y. Qin, R.B. Doughty, X. Wu, R. Bajgain, L. Du. Enhanced gross primary production and evapotranspiration in juniper-encroached grasslands. Global Change Biology, 2018, 24(12): 5655-5667.
Gao, S., T. Zhou*, X. Zhao, D. Wu, Z. Li, H. Wu, L. Du, and H. Luo. Age and climate contribution to observed forest carbon sinks in East Asia. Environmental Research Letters, 2016, 034021.
Li, Z., T. Zhou*, X. Zhao, K. Huang, H. Wu and L. Du. Diverse spatiotemporal responses in vegetation growth to droughts in China. Environmental Earth Sciences, 2016, 75:55.
Zhou T., P. Shi, G. Jia, Y. Dai, X. Zhao, W. Shangguan, L. Du, H. Wu, Y. Luo. Age-dependent forest carbon sink: Estimation via inverse modeling. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 2015, 120.
K. Huang, C. Yi, D. Wu, T. Zhou*, X. Zhao, W. J Blanford, S. Wei, H. Wu, Du. L, Z.Li. Tipping Point of Conifer Forest Ecosystem under Severe Drought. Environmental Research Letters, 2015, 10(0240112).