Research Molecular Biologist
- Determine the physiological and molecular mechanisms controlling seed quality in switchgrass. Implement strategies to overcome seed dormancy.
- Develop improved cultivars and germplasms of switchgrass, big bluestem, indiangrass with utility as forage and bioenergy crops.
- Investigate below-ground metabolism in switchgrass plants from adapted and non-adapted populations to improve winter survival.
- Identify biomass characteristics of switchgrass that impact conversion efficiency to liquid fuels. Utilize this information to develop improved breeding criteria and improved management practices.
- Identify traits, genes and gene-networks that underlie switchgrass responses to insect and pathogen stress
Localization of nitric oxide in germinating switchgrass seeds
|Predicted changes in shoot biomass in adapted and non-adapted
|Gene expression networks present during switchgrass flag leaf