Geneticist - Animal
El Hamidi Hay
1111 S. Mason Street
Fort Collins, CO 80521
My research interest is focused on developing genomic tools to improve beef cattle production. Research includes the identification of genetic markers influencing economically important traits and the use of these markers for management and selection purposes.
Areas of Interest: Genetic Improvement of beef production, Genetics of fertility in beef cattle, Gene by environment interaction in beef cattle, Theory and application of genomic selection.
- BS - Biology – Southern Polytechnic State University, 2008
- MS - Animal Science – The University of Georgia, 2011
- PhD - Animal Science - The University of Georgia, 2014
Current Research Projects:
- Alleviating Rate Limiting Factors that Compromise Beef Production Efficiency
- Integrating Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Level Inbreeding in the Prediction of Breeding Values