Preparing Your Application
When applying for ARS and other Federal positions, you can submit a resume, curriculum vitae, or Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF-612). The format you choose for your application is up to you, but it must include some specific information for you to receive proper consideration. The following information is required to evaluate applicant qualifications and to determine whether applicants meet legal requirements for Federal employment:
- Announcement number and title and grade(s) of the job you are applying for.
- Full name, mailing address (with ZIP Code), day and evening phone numbers (with area code), and email address
- Social Security Number
- Country of Citizenship (Most Federal jobs require U.S. citizenship)
- Veterans' Preference (A DD-214 is required)
- Reinstatement Eligibility (if requested, attach SF-50 proof of your career or career-conditional status)
- Highest Federal civilian grade held (also give job series and dates held)
- High School (include name, city, and state and date of diploma or GED)
- College or University (include name, city, and state; majors, type and year of any degrees received)
- Send a copy of your college transcript only if the job vacancy announcement requests it
- Provide the following information for your paid and non-paid work experience related to the job you are applying for: job title (include series and grade if Federal job); duties and accomplishments; employer's name and address; supervisor's name and phone number; starting and ending dates (month and year); hours per week; and salary
- Indicate whether your current supervisor can be contacted
- Job-related training courses (title and year)
- Job-related skills, for example, other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, machinery, typing speed
- Job-related certificates and licenses (current only)
- Job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments, for example, publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking, and performance awards (give dates, but do not send documents unless requested)
Since traditional resumes do not provide all the information needed to determine your qualifications for Federal positions, you should create a more detailed r?sum? to use when applying for Federal positions.
Send applications to:
USDA-ARS Fort Keogh LARRL
243 Fort Keogh Road
Miles City, MT 59301
For more information call 406-874-8223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 2005
USDA and MSU are equal opportunity providers and employers.