|CSRL Retirement / New Adventure Party|
As time plows forward, those among us move on to sunny days of retirement or new adventures in other places and we have to say goodbye. We would like to congratulate those retiring, relax, have fun, and try not to do anything resembling work for as long as possible! For this moving on we wish you the best and hope you enjoy your new lives and new adventures. We would like to say it has been a pleasure working with all of you and we will miss you!!!
Dec 13, 2018
- Graduated from Dumas High School in May 1970
- Entered Panhandle State University, Goodwell, OK - Fall 1970 thru Spring 1972, studied Biology and Chemistry
- Transferred to West Texas State University, Canyon, TX - Fall 1972; Graduated August 1974 with BS - Major Biology; Minor Chemistry
- Enrolled Texas Tech University Summer 1976; Graduated May 1978 with BS in Wildlife Management
- Started Graduate School Texas Tech as Research Assistant Summer 1978; Graduated May 1981 with MS in Range Science
- Worked for Texas Tech as Research Associate from January - December 1981;
- Grant from US Fish & Wildlife Service; Typology of Playa Lakes
- Started with USDA-ARS on 9 June 1985 as Biological Science Technician with Dr. Jerry Hatfield and then Dr. Don Wanjur
Bill Webb - Vitae
• Born & Raised: Dumas, Texas
• Years with the ARS: 33 ó years
- Wife - Cindy
- Daughter – Tasha
- Sons - Jeremy and Taylor
- Grandsons - Kade, Bentley and Ty
- Grand Daughter - (Due 16 December!) Riley
- Great Grandson - Kaden
• My “Bucket List”
- Quit getting out of bed at 4 am to be at work at 6 am!
- First and foremost! Spend more time with my beautiful wife Cindy and try to do a little traveling!
- Finish painting the outside of our home.
- Build a 10’ x 16’ storage building in our back yard.
- Finish remodeling the house (garage, Cindy’s kitchen and both bathrooms). Everything else was done in 2014.
- Complete the restorations of some wonderful antiques I still have in storage. May go back to making a little extra money on the side as I did when we had Richwood Antiques and Refinishing.
- Finish restorations of a 1970 Pontiac Ventura 2 and a 1963 Buick Riviera and get them into the classic car show circuits with our oldest son.
- Complete and publish 20 years of research on my family Genealogy (Webb on myFather’s side and Tidwell on my Mother’s side).
- Get my boat out of storage and lake ready.
- Spend time with the Sons and Grandsons camping and fishing. Still lots of lakes to explore.
- And again – “First and Foremost” - Spoil the “Bee Gebbers” out of the new Granddaughter Riley!! We’re finally getting a Granddaughter!
Sheri Anderson – Vitae
• Born & raised: Amboy Illinois
- 1 younger brother and,
- a father who has used up his 9 lives and starting on # 10
- Bachelors in Wildlife management, Natural Resource Management, and Biology from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
• Years with the ARS: 32.5 years with ARS.
• Plans after:
- Continue to volunteer with Ronald McDonald house and their house dog Jax, maybe volunteer with meals on Wheels and or Food bank.
- Learn to play the ukulele.
- Continue to support Guide dogs for the Blind in some capacity.
- Also take my dog training business to the next level.
- While in college and before moving to Lubbock, I also worked as summer seasonal wildlife tech in Salem OR, Las Vegas NV, Scottsboro, AL; Ventura CA, and West Brook CT. I worked with eagles, northern spotted owls, salmonids, eastern turkeys, Californiacondors, desert big horn sheep, desert tortoise, and desert pupfish.
- I worked as a forestry tech outside of Jackson Hole, WY thinning evergreen and deciduous trees and building seasonal fencing on public grazing lands in the mountains.
- Just prior to coming to Lubbock, I worked as a seasonal tech for the Park Service researching methods to control and eradicate invasive plant species in the National Parks in D.C., MD, VA and WV.
Jill Booker - Vitae
Born and raised: Ranburne, AL about halfway between Birmingham and Atlanta just off of I-20.
- Parents—Terry & Terry & Barbara Butler
- Grandmother—Boots Butler
- Brother—Christopher Butler & family—2 boys Logan & Easton
- Auburn University—B.S.
- West Texas A&M University—M.S.
- Wayland Baptist University—MBA
- 1994-1998: Texas Agrilife Research, Bushland
- 1998-2008: Texas Agrilife Research, Lubbock
- 2008-2018: 10 years with ARS, Lubbock
- Find a job in Amarillo
Jeff Pannell –Vitae
• Born in Amarillo, TX and raised in Lubbock.
- Mom and Dad (Marion and Gayle) here in Lubbock,
- Sara (my wife),
- Khan and Leia (my dogs - Boston Terrier and a Pit Bull mix)
- Extended family spread out everywhere
- Undergraduate degree at Lubbock Christian University (Bachelors in Management Information Systems), and
- MBA (Management Information Systems) at Wayland Baptist University
• Years with the ARS: 10 years as of September 2018
• Plans after:
- To work with a smaller company in Fort Worth, TX servicing small businesses, doctor’s offices, lawyers, architects who have Apple systems.