Center for Agricultural Resources Research
2150 Centre Ave., Building D
Fort Collins CO 80526
The mission of the Center for Agricultural
Resources Research (CARR) is to solve critical
national problems by ensuring the security
and future use of agricultural, genetic, and
natural resources. To support U.S. agriculture
in producing high-quality food, feed, and
fiber, the CARR research mission focuses on:
Food, Water, and Genetic Security
- Supporting irrigated agriculture with on-farm
studies and state-of-the-art decision support
tools for efficient crop production.
- Improving sugarbeet production by
developing new knowledge and disease
- Enhancing soil and fertilizer management to
increase crop production efficiency,
sustainability, and profitability.
- Increasing resilience of livestock operations
with science-based adaptive management
strategies and decision support tools.
- Acquiring, evaluating, preserving, and
distributing critical genetic resources
including plant, animal, insect, and
microbial material for industry and the
- Developing innovative strategies to improve
management, availability, and utility of
plant genetic resource collections.