|Forage & Turf Mission|
1. Develop breeding methods, germplasm and cultivars of forage grasses and legumes that combine improved yield & forage quality with resistance to pests and tolerance to
2. Develop management practices that increase forage yields, minimize production and utilization losses, improve quality, use scarce resources efficiently, and enhance environmental quality.
3. Develop new cultivars and management practices for increased crop and turfgrass seed yields, reduce production losses, and improve seed quality.
4. Develop turfgrass cultivars with superior aesthetic quality and resistance to pests and stress.
5. Develop cultural practices to reduce maintenance costs,and improve persistence and aesthetic characteristics of turfgrass.
6. Serve as curator of Pennisetum germplasm.