USDA-ARS Southern Insect Management Research Unit
141 Experiment Station Road
P.O. Box 346Stoneville, MS 38776
Ph: (662) 686-5360
Fax: (662) 686-5421
via ARIS system
- Ph.D. Kansas State University,Entomology, 1990 to 1993
- M.S. University of Missouri,Entomology, 1987 to 1990
- B.S. Nanjing Agricultural University,Plant Protection, 1978 to 1981
- 2000 to present, USDA-ARS, Southern Insect Management Research Unit, Research Entomologist
- 1998 to 2000, USDA-ARS Manhattan KS, Research Entomologist
- 1997 to 1998, USDA-ARS Stillwater OK, Research Entomologist
- 1995 to 1997, USDA-ARS Manhattan KS, Research Entomologist
- 1994 to 1995, USDA-ARS/Kansas State University Manhattan KS, Research Associate
Participation in Scientific Meetings
- Entomological Society of America (1990 - present). Attended 21 meetings and made 32 presentations.
- International Lygus Symposium (2012 - present). Attended 1 meeting and made 3 presentations.
- Mississippi Entomological Association (2000 - present). Attended 11 meetings and made 15 presentations.
- International Symposium on Molecular Insect Science (1998 and 2002). Attended 2 meetings and made 4 presentations.
- Beltwide Cotton Research Conference (2002 - present). Attended 10 meetings and made 12 presentations.
- Kansas (Central States) Entomological Society (1991 and 1993). Attended 2 meetings and made 2 presentations.
- North Central Branch Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America (1988, 1992). Attended 2 meetings and made 1 presentation.
- Southeastern Branch Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America (2004 -present). Attended 4 meetings and made 5 presentations.
- 15th International Plant Protection Congress (2004). Attended 1 meeting and made 2 presentations.
- The 6th Asia-Pacific Congress of Entomology (APCE2009). Attended 1 meeting and made 2 presentations.
- Society of Invertebrate Pathology (2006, 2008). Attend 2 meeting and made 2 presentation.
- Mississippi Agricultural Pest Management Societies meeting (2001 - present). Attended 7 meetings and made 7 presentations.
Honors, Awards, Achievements and Recognition
- Editor of Journal of Insect Science, 2012-present
- Editorial Board Member of Psyche 2012-present
- Expertise Review Committee member, National Science Foundation of China https://isis.nsfc.gov.cn 2006 - present.
- Served as co-chair of a graduate committee Louisiana State University. 2006 - 2011.
- Full Member, Sigma Xi 1994-1996
Conducting basic and applied research in areas of insect biochemistry, physiology, toxicology, and molecular biology. Research emphasis is placed particularly on the toxicological impact of pesticides on beneficial insects, including honey bees.
- Identify pesticides that are effective against crop pests and are relatively low in toxicity to beneficial insects by assessing acute and chronic toxicities of commonly used pesticides to honey bee using Potter Spray Tower.
- Examine the interaction and potential synergistic impact of insecticides from different classes, and with fungicides and honey-bee parasites.