Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Related Topics

headline bar

The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) recruits at various educational institutions to find students with skills to meet its current and future employment needs. Opportunities are available throughout ARS nationwide. Since many of our facilities are co-located with major universities, student employment provides opportunities for students to gain valuable experience related to their field of study or in other areas.

Student Hiring. For information on student employment opportunities within the Agricultural Research Service, please contact the location where you would like to work. Information on our research locations can be found on the ARS web site at: /pandp/locations.htm

Eligibility Requirements. You are eligible under the Student Educational Employment Program if you are:

  • Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.)
  • At least the minimum age required by Federal, State, or local laws and standards governing the employment of minors
  • Taking at least half-time academic or vocational and technical course load in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2- or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school
  • A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:

    (1) permitted by a Federal agency's appropriation act, and
    (2) eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws.

Last Modified: 8/13/2016


2014 Summer Workers
2013 Summer Workers
2012 Summer Workers
2011 Summer Workers
2010 Summer Workers