Pollinator Health in Southern Crop Ecosystem Research Unit
141 Experiment Station Road
P.O. Box 346
Stoneville, MS 38776
Ph: (662) 686-5483
Fax: (662) 686-5421
- 2021 to present, USDA-ARS, Pollinator Health in Southern Crop Ecosystem Research Unit, Stoneville, MS, Research Chemist
- 2014 to 2021, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Assistant Professor
- 2011 to 2014, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Instructor
- 2007 to 2011, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- 1996 to 1998, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan Province, P.R. China, Assistant professor
- 1998 to 2002, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan Province, P.R. China, Lecturer
Participation in Scientific Meetings
- Attended 3 American Society for Cell Biology Annual Meetings (2009, 2016, 2019) and made 3 presentations.
- Attended 4 American Thoracic Society International Conferences (2014, 2016-2017, 2019) and made 3 presentations.
- Attended 11 North American Cystic Fibrosis Conferences (2011 – present) and made 14 presentations.
- Attended 1 Digestive Disease Week® (2012) and made 3 presentations.
Organizations and Honors
- Academic Editor, BioMed Research International (Hindawi), 2020 - present.
- Associate Board Member, Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews (Bentham Science Publishers), 2018 – present.
- Member, American Chemical Society (ACS), 2007 – 2010, 2021.
- Member, Entomological Society of America, 2021.
- Member, American Society for Cell Biology, 2009 – present.
- Associate Member, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), 2009 – 2011.
- Session Chair, 11th Pediatric Research Day, Memphis, TN, 2019.
- Invited reviewer for journals Progress in Lipid Research, Respiratory Research, Current Drug Targets, etc., 2015 – 2021.
- Conference presentation judge, ASCB 2016 Annual Meeting, Pediatric Research Day (2014 -2019), UTHSC Graduate Research Day (2015 - 2019), and UTHSC Postdoc Research Day (2013 -2019).
- Member, Strategic Planning Group for Genomics at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN, 2016.
- Top 3 abstract in CFTR. North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2020.
- Winner of the poster presentation at the 5th Annual Pediatric Research Day, 2012.
- Hinkel Prize (Best chemistry thesis, Department of Chemistry, University of Wales Swansea, UK), 2006.
- Oversea Research Students (ORS) Award (Universities UK), 2002 – 2005.
Dr. Weiqiang Zhang is currently doing research on (1) determine new spray formulations to mitigate spray drift and prevent bees and other pollinators from pesticide risks in southern cropping systems. (2) Develop laboratory bioassays and field studies to identify thresholds of primary factors (e.g., chemical dosage, active ingredient, droplet size) that influence behaviors and migrations of bees and other pollinators. (3) Study the reaction of residual insecticides and volatile compounds on bees and pollinators and their interaction with other chemical agents and weather conditions. (4) Develop and utilize modern analytical techniques (e.g., liquid chromatography- and/or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS, GC-MS)) to analyze residual pesticide(s) concentrations.
Ecological Assessment and Mitigation Strategies to Reduce the Risks of Bees to Stressors in Southern Crop Ecosystems In-House Appropriated (D) Accession Number:436957 No publications listed for this employee. No news articles listed for this employee.