Small Fruits & Vegetable Crop Pollination and Native bee management
- Managing Blue Orchard Bees (Osmia ribifloris) for commercially pollinating blueberries.
Cooperator: James H. Cane
- Bumble bee management for pollinating greenhouse fruits and vegetables
- Pollination biology and requirements of wild and cultivated small fruits and vegetable crops.
- Honey bee pollination of small fruits and vegetables.
Cooperator: Robert Danka /people-locations/person?person-id=1258
| ||Courtship behavior of Osmia ribifloris.|
| || |
Integrated Pest Management and other related Interests
- Taxonomy, ecology and conservation of endoparasitic wasps (e.g. Eulophidae, Ceraphronidae, Platygasteridae) associated with the blueberry gall midge complex (Dasineura oxycoccana, Prodiplosis vaccinii). Cooperators:
Michael Schauff http://www.sel.barc.usda.gov/selhome/selhome.htm
Oscar Liburd http://fruitnvegipm.ifas.ufl.edu
- Field efficacy trials for reduced-risk insecticides useful in small fruit and vegetable IPM programs. Cooperator:
Oscar Liburd http://fruitnvegipm.ifas.ufl.edu/
- Screening and developing botanical and mineral-based pesticides for control of nursery, greenhouse and field pests in IPM & Organic production systems. Cooperators:
David Wedge, Nurhayat Tabanca (Anadolu University, Turkey)
Jerry McLaughlin (Nature's Sunshine Products)
Fumiomi Takeda, Michael Glenn
- Organic and Community Sustained Agriculture (CSA)
- Scientific Illustration
|Adult Synopeas (Platygasteridae) endoparasitoid associated with Dasineura oxycoccana & Prodiplosis vaccinii. ? Blair Sampson 2003. |
|Immature stages of platygasterid wasps associated with Dasineura oxycoccana & Prodiplosis vaccinii. ? Blair Sampson 2003|
| || |
- Teaching children and adults the importance of insects with the help of a living arthropod zoo and other entomological exhibits (local school visits, environmental workshops, career days, and in-house tours).
| ||Dasineura oxycoccana laying her eggs inside a blueberry flower bud.|