|Mud Pie Science Experiment 3|
Rain, Rain Go Away
Will the amount of water a plant gets affect its growth?
6 paper cups, loam(potting soil), lima beans, water, teaspoon, crayon
|1. Mark 3 cups with the letter M for 'more' and 3 cups with the letter L for 'less'. |
2. Fill each cup 3/4 full of soil.
|3. Place a lima bean in each cup and cover with more soil. |
4. Place the cups in the sun.
5. Water the M cups everyday with 10 spoons of water. Water the L cups with two spoons of water everyday.
|Think About This:|
1. What does too much water do?
2. Other than not watering the plants as much, what could you do to help solve the problem of too much water?
|ARS Homepage||"Ag"-tivities||Soil Sleuths||More Dirt|