|Mud Pie Science Experiment 2|
Does Dirt Really Matter?
Does soil type affect plant growth?pan, loam(potting soil), sand, grass seed, water, spoon
|1. Fill half of the pan with loam. Fill the other half of the pan with sand. |
2. Scatter 50 grass seeds evenly over each side of the pan.
|3. Water the seeds using the spoon. |
4. Place the pan in the sun.
5. Water the seeds every 2 days.
6. Write down what happens after 3 days and after one week.
|Think About This:|
1. Which soil is better for growing grass? How do you know?
2. If you were a farmer which soil would you want to use? Why?
|ARS Homepage||"Ag"-tivities||Soil Sleuths||More Dirt|