|Down and Dirty Experiment 4|
Heeeelp Meeeee! I'm Drooowwwnnning!
|How does groundwater affect plants?|
3 plants*, 3 dishes or pans, water, crayons, graph paper
* make sure you choose plants that are the same kind of plant, as close to the same size as possible and healthy
|1. Label the plants A, B, and C. Make holes in the bottom of the containers of plants A and B.|
If your containers already have holes, plug up the holes in the bottom of container C.
2. Place each plant in a dish and put all three plants in the same location where they will receive the same light.
4. Make a bar graph showing the color of each plant's leaves every day for a week.
|Think About This:|
1. What happened to the color of plant A? plant B? plant C?
2. Does it matter how much water a plant gets?
3. Is drainage important?
|"Ag"-tivities||Soil Sleuths||More Dirt|