|To demonstrate the natural fertility rates of three main soil types.|
sand, *clay, potting soil samples, seeds, 3 small 5oz plastic drinking cups
|Procedure:||1. Fill the three cups each with the same amount of soil sample. Label. |
2. Plant at least four seeds in each soil sample at exactly
|the same depth. (If your seeds are small, plant at a shallow depth. If your seeds are large, they need to be planted deeper.)|
4. Place the samples in a location that receives the same amount of sunlight.
5. Cover each sample with a plastic bag to prevent evaporation.
6. Observe the samples daily for 10 days and record your observations in a table.
|Think About This: |
1. Which soil supported growth the best based upon first day of emergence, first day of growth, and final length of plant? Why?
|ARS-Florence Homepage||"Ag"-tivities||Soiled Minds||More Dirt|