Publications: 1970 - 1979
- Bornstein, J., S. Garwood, C. W. Doty, and W. F. Ryan. 1979. Drainage bibliography from computer based data sources. Trans. ASAE 22(3):529-531.
- Campbell, R. B., T. A. Matheny, P. G. Hunt, and S. C. Gupta. 1979. Crop residue requirements for water erosion control in six southern states. Soil Conserv. Soc. of Amer. 34:83-85 & Special Pub. No. 25.
- Campbell, R. B. and R. A. Moreau. 1979. Ethylene in a compacted field soil and its effect on growth, tuber quality, and yield of potatoes. Am. Potato J. 56:199-210.
- Doty, C. W. and G. D. Christenbury. 1979. Controlled and reversible drainage past, present, and future. ASAE Paper No. 79-2545.
- Doty, C. W. and J. E. Parsons. 1979. Water requirements and water table variations for a controlled and reversible drainage system. Trans. ASAE 22(3):532-536, 539.
- Hunt, P. G., R. E. Peters, T. C. Sturgis, and C. R. Lee. 1979. Reliability problems with indicator organisms for monitoring overland flow treated waste water effluent. JEQ 8(3):301-304.
- Parsons, J. E., C. J. Phene, D. N. Baker, J. R. Lambert, and J. M. McKinion. 1979. Soil water stress and photosynthesis in cotton. Physiol. Plant. 47:185-189.
- Phene, C. J., D. N. Baker, J. R. Lambert, J. E. Parsons, and J. M. McKinion. 1979. Growth chamber studies plant tops and roots. Crops & Soils 3(6):21-22.
- Phene, C. J. and O. W. Beale. 1979. Influence of twin-row spacing and nitrogen rates on high-frequency trickle-irrigated sweet corn. SSSAJ 43(6):1216-1221.
- Phene, C. J., D. N. Baker, J. R. Lambert, J. M. McKinion, J. E. Parsons, and J. L. Dunlap. 1979. A microprocessor-based soil plant atmosphere research system. ASAE Paper No. 79-5027.
- Phene, C. J., J. L. Fouss, and D. C. Sanders. 1979. Water-nutrient-herbicide management of potatoes with trickle irrigation. Am. Potato J. 56:51-59.
- Reicosky, D. C. and D. E. Deaton. 1979. Soybean water extraction, leaf water potential, and evapotranspiration during drought. Agron. J. 71:45-50.
- Rolston, D. E., R. S. Rauschkolb, C. J. Phene, R. J. Miller, K. Uriu, R. M. Carlson, and D. W. Henderson. 1979. Applying nutrients and other chemicals to trickle-irrigated crops. Univ. of CA Bulletin #1893, 14 pg.
- So, H. B., D. C. Reicosky, and H. M. Taylor. 1979. Utility of stem diameter changes as predictors of plant canopy water potential. Agron. J. 71:707-713.
- Alconero, R., R. Campbell, J. Brittain, and B. Brown. 1978. Factors contributing to early decline of peaches in South Carolina. Plant Disease Rep. 62(10):914-918.
- Alconero, R., R. Campbell, J. Brittain, and B. Brown, III. 1978. Health of peach trees in 39 South Carolina orchards. Fruit South 2:124-125.
- Doty, C. W. and D. C. Reicosky. 1978. Chiseling to minimize the effects of drought. Trans. ASAE 21(3):495-499.
- McKinion, J. M., C. J. Phene, and J. Parsons. 1978. Using the microcomputer in meteorological measurements. Agric. Eng. 59(3):22-23.
- Parsons, J. E., J. L. Dunlap, J. M. McKinion, C. J. Phene, and D. N. Baker. 1978. Microprocessor-based data acquisition and control software for the Spar System. ASAE Paper # 78-5545.
- Phene, C. J., D. N. Baker, J. R. Lambert, J. E. Parsons, and J. M. McKinion. 1978. SPAR - A soil-plant-atmosphere research system. Trans. ASAE 21(5):924-930.
- Reicosky, D. C. and J. R. Lambert. 1978. Field measured and simulated corn leaf water potential. Soil Sci. Soc. of Amer. J. 42(2):221-228.
- Campbell, R. B. and C. J. Phene. 1977. Tillage, matric potential, oxygen and millet yield relations in a layered soil. Trans. ASAE 20(2):271-275.
- Phene, C. J. 1977. Management of plastic-covered tobacco seedbeds with trickle irrigation. Proc. of VII International Agricultural Plastics Congress. San Diego, CA, April 11-16. pp. 366-371.
- Reicosky, D. C., D. K. Cassel, R. L. Blevins, W. R. Gill, and G. C. Naderman. 1977. Conservation tillage in the Southeast. J. Soil Water Conserv. 32(1):13-19.
- Reicosky, D. C., C. W. Doty, and R. B. Campbell. 1977. Evapotranspiration and soil water movement beneath the root zone of irrigated and nonirrigated millet (Panicum miliaceum). Soil Sci. 124(2):95-101.
- Reicosky, D. C. and D. B. Peters. 1977. A portable chamber for rapid evapotranspiration measurements on field plots. Agron. J. 69:729-732.
- Baker, C.N., J.R. Lambert, C.J. Phene, and J.M. McKinion. 1976. GOSSYM: A simulation of cotton dynamics. Pres. at the Seminar on Agricultural Industrial Complexes, Scientific Research Institute of Planning LATVIAN GOSPLAN, RIGA, October 1976 and published in the proceedings.
- Campbell, R.B. and C.J. Phene. 1976. Estimating potential evapotranspiration from screened pan evaporation. Agric. Meteorol. 16:343-352.
- Hunt, P.G. and C.R. Lee. 1976. Land Treatment of Wastewater by Overland Flow for Improved Water Quality. In J. Tourbier and R.W. Pierson, Jr.(eds.) Biological Control of Water Pollution, pp.151-160.
- Hunt, P.G., L.G. Glide, and N.R. Francingues. 1976. Land treatment and disposal of food processing wastes. In Land Application of Waste Materials, Soil Conservation Society of America, Akeny, Iowa, pp.112-135.
- Lambert, J.R., D.N. Baker, and C.J. Phene. 1976. Dynamic simulation of processes in the soil under growing row crops: RHIZOS. Pres. at the Seminar on Agricultural Industrial Complexes, Scientific Research Institute of Planning, LATVIAN GOSPLAN, RIGA, October 1976 and published in the proceedings.
- Lee, C.R., P.G. Hunt, R.E. Hoeppel, C.A. Carlson, T.B. Delaney, Jr. 1976. Highlights of Research on Overland Flow for Advanced Treatment of Wastewater. Final report: Environmental Effects Laboratory U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS 24 pages.
- Phene, C.J., R.B. Campbell, and C.W. Doty. 1976. Characterization of soil aeration in situ with automated oxygen diffusion measurements. Soil Sci. 122(5):271-281.
- Phene, C.J. 1976. High-frequency trickle irrigation and fertilization of potatoes, sweet corn and tobacco seedbeds. Proc. of the 13th Annual Conference of the North Carolina Irrigation Society, pp. 15-38.
- Phene, C.J. 1976. Management of seedbeds with trickle irrigation. The Flue Cured Tobacco Farmer, June, 3 pgs.
- Phene, C.J. and O.W. Beale. 1976. High-frequency irrigation for water nutrient management in humid regions. SSSAJ 40(3):430-436.
- Phene, C.J. and D.C. Sanders. 1976. High-frequency trickle irrigation and row spacing effects on yield and quality of potatoes. Agron. J. 68:602-607.
- Reicosky, D.C., R.B. Campbell, and C.W. Doty. 1976. Corn plant water stress as influenced by chiseling, irrigation, and water table depth. Agron. J. 68:499-503.
- Reicosky, D.C. and J.T. Ritchie. 1976. Relative importance of soil resistance and plant resistance in root water absorption. SSSAJ 40(2):293-297.
- Doty, C.W., R.B. Campbell, and D.C. Reicosky. 1975. Crop response to chiseling and irrigation in soils with a compact A2 horizon. Trans. ASAE 18(4):668-672.
- Doty, C.W., S.T. Currin, and R.E. McLin. 1975. Controlled subsurface drainage for southern Coastal Plains soil. J. Soil Water Conserv. 30(2):82-84.
- Phene, C.J. and R.B. Campbell. 1975. Automating pan evaporation measurements for irrigation control. Agric. Meteorol. 15:181-191.
- Reicosky, D.C., R.B. Campbell, and C.W. Doty. 1975. Diurnal fluctuation of leaf-water potential of corn as influenced by soil matric potential and microclimate. Agron. J. 67:380-385.
- Campbell, R.B., D.C. Reicosky, and C.W. Doty. 1974. Physical properties and tillage of Paleudults in the southeastern Coastal Plains. J. Soil Water Conserv. 29(5):220-224.
- Carlson, C.A., P.G. Hunt, and T.B. Delaney, Jr. 1974. Overland Flow Treatment of Wastewater. Interim Report: U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS, 115 pages.
- Fouss, J.L. 1974. Drain tube materials and installation. Agronomy no. 17, Drainage forAgriculture, Chapter 8, (ASA Textbook) pp. 147-177, and 197-200.
- Hoeppel, R.E., P.G. Hunt, and T.B. Delaney, Jr. 1974. Wastewater Treatment on Soils of Low Permeability. Interim Report: U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS. 115 pages.
- Campbell, R.B. 1973. Flue-cured tobacco yield and oxygen content of soil in lysimeters flooded for various periods. Agron. J. 65:783-786.
- Doty, C.W. 1973. Pump drainage in Carolina Bays. Journal of the Irrigation and Drainage Division. 99(IR4):465-475.
- Fouss, J. L. 1973. Structural design procedure for corrugated plastic drainage tubing. USDA-ARS Tech. Bull. 1466, 42 pgs.
- Long, F.L., G.W. Langdale, and D.L. Myhre. 1973. Response of an Al-tolerant and an Al-sensitive genotype to lime, P, and K on three Atlantic coast flatwoods Soils. Agron. J. 65:30-34.
- Phene, C.J., G.J. Hoffman, and R.S. Austin. 1973. Controlling automated irrigation with soil matric potential sensor. Trans. ASAE. 16(4):773-776.
- Campbell, R.B. and G.T. Seaborn. 1972. Yield of flue-cured tobacco and levels of soil oxygen in lysimeters with different water table depths. Agron. J. 64:730-733.
- Reicosky, D.C., R.J. Millington, A. Klute, and D.B. Peters. 1972. Patterns of water uptake and root distribution of soybeans (Glycine max.) in the presence of a water table. Agron. J. 64:292-297.
- Russell, D.A. 1972. A self-draining subsurface rainfall conservation system; its effect on the soil water status and productivity of Coastal Plains sands. Soil Sci. 114(3):234-238.
- Phene, C.J., G.J. Hoffman, and S.L. Rawlins. 1971. Measuring soil matric potential in situ by sensing heat dissipation within a porous body: I. Theory and sensor construction. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 35(1):27-33.
- Phene, C.J., S.L. Rawlins, and G.J. Hoffman. 1971. Measuring soil matric potential in situ by sensing heat dissipation within a porous body: II. Experimental results. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 35(2):225-229.
- Long, F L. and C.D. Foy. 1970. Plant varieties as indicators of aluminum toxicity in the A2 horizon of a Norfolk soil. Agron. J. 62(5):679-681.
- Peele, T.C., O.W. Beale, and F.F. Lesesne. 1970. The physical properties of some South Carolina soils. S.C. Agric. Exp. Sta. Tech. Bull. 1037. 41 pgs.