|Environmental Management System (EMS)|
SUBJECT: Environmental Management System (
TO: All USVL Personnel
FROM: Richard Fery /s/
The U. S. Vegetable Laboratory (USVL),
- Maintaining a policy of commitment to environmental excellence.
- Developing annual goals, objectives, and targets to advance our program performance in terms of both regulated and unregulated impacts.
- Considering environmental impacts when making policy, planning, purchasing, and operating decisions.
- Identifying and complying with pertinent requirements in Federal, State, and local laws and regulations; permits; Department of Agriculture and ARS policies and procedures; and industry codes that we must adhere to.
- Requesting the necessary resources to successfully carry out our goals, objectives, and targets.
- Making personnel aware of their environmental roles and responsibilities, providing appropriate training, and holding employees accountable for their performance and actions, including recognizing them for outstanding performance.
- Effectively communicating with employees, partners, stakeholders, customers, and the general public, our commitment to the environment and soliciting their input in developing and achieving our goals and objectives.
- Routinely monitoring our environmental operations and conducting periodic inspections, audits, and reviews to ascertain that we meet applicable standards and to evaluate our program effectiveness.
- Correcting identified deficiencies in a timely manner and taking appropriate steps to prevent their recurrence.
- Clearly documenting and reporting the progress and achievements related to this policy.