Welcome to the software download area! Please contact us if you have problems or questions.
Please fill out the download (registration) form below and submit, and then access the QuickStart document which provides the link to WebStart WEPS and covers how to download/install it.
This is the NRCS/TSP configured WebStart WEPS version required for official NRCS business and must be used by TSP (Technical Service Providers) under contract with NRCS. USDA-NRCS developed and maintains the components of the WEPS CRLMOD and Soil Databases. The USDA-Agricultural Research Service is the lead agency for developing the science in the WEPS model as well as the model interface. A specific version of the WebStart WEPS QuickStart User Guide is available here as a separate download which describes the download/install options for the NRCS/TSP build of WebStart WEPS and includes a very brief description of the steps required to make an initial simulation run with WebStart WEPS. After installation, the full WebStart WEPS User Guide is available as a menu option under the “About” menu from within the WebStart WEPS User Interface.
The Wind Erosion Prediction System (WEPS) is a tool for predicting the effects of management (practices and cropping rotations) on the wind erosion potential for a selected field site. WEPS simulates daily wind erosion processes based on weather, management crop rotations and soil conditions.
For more information about WEPS, see our WEPS related websites (Rangeland Resources & Systems Research and archived Wind Erosion Research) or USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service’s WEPS website.
Contact is Chris Coreil, Chris.Coreil@usda.gov, National Erosion Specialist, with the Natural Resources Conservation Service, Fort Worth, TX; 817-509-3213
- Requires Java 8 or later to be previously installed prior to installing WebStart WEPS.
- Installation of this WebStart WEPS build release will not affect any previously installed WEPS versions or their WEPS Run results.
- Any previous WEPS release builds must be manually removed, via the “uninstall” option provided, if it is desired for those WEPS install(s) to be removed. These “uninstalls” will not remove any previous WEPS Run results conducted with those versions of WEPS either.
- Installing this NRCS/TSP configured WebStart WEPS release build will not affect any other WebStart WEPS configuration builds that may be previously or subsequently installed.
- The NRCS/TSP configured WebStart WEPS release build will only update the same configured build release of WebStart WEPS. It will update this build automatically, when available, upon the next invocation of the NRCS/TSP configured release build of WebStart WEPS.
Please provide the following information so that we can inform you of bug fixes, model updates and data base additions. We also hope that you will provide comments so that we can improve our product.
Download FormPlease complete the form below to track the use of the service we are providing and to help improve our product.
OMB 0518 - 0032 (01/2025)
According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, an agency cannot conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number. The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 0518-0032. The time required to complete this information is estimated to vary from one to five minutes with an average of three minutes per response, including time for reviewing instructions, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to Department of Agriculture, Clearance Officer, OIRM, Room 404-W, Washington, DC 20250, and to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget.