Welcome to the software download area! Please contact us if you have problems or questions.
RZWQM2 is an enhancement of the Root Zone Water Quality Model (RZWQM), created on users' requests. Main components of the model were extensively validated and improved, and several new components added. It emphasizes the effects of major agricultural management practices on physical, chemical and biological processes related to plant growth and development, the movement of water, nutrients, and pesticides, and surface energy balance. RZWQM2 is a one-dimensional model with a pseudo 2-dimensional drainage flow and water table fluctuation.
The model requires daily or hourly weather data (maximum and minimum daily temperature, solar radiation, wind speed, relative humidity, and rainfall), soil texture, soil bulk density, soil hydraulic properties (if known), and recorded management practices. It runs on a daily time step with exception of water and chemical movement that is on a sub-hourly time step.
RZWQM2 has all the following features:
1. State-of-the-science simulation of management effects on soil-plant systems;
2. Simulation of tile drainage systems and water table fluctuation;
3. Simulation of macropore/preferential flow in soils;
4. Options to use a generic plant growth model, quick plant modules, DSSAT CSM 4.0 models, and HERMES SUCROS model;
5. Simulation of surface energy balance from the SHAW model;
7. Sediment loss due to water erosion added from the GLEAMS model;
8. User friendly Windows Interface to facilitate input/output data management;
9. Built-in database for soil, plant, pesticides, and weather generator inputs;
10. Rule-based implementations of management practices;
11. On-line help, User Guide, and Publications on model parameterization and applications;
12. Automated Calibration and Non-Linear Uncertainty Analysis (PEST/BEOPEST);
13. Ability to obtain confidence intervals of simulation results due to uncertainty of model inputs (distributed inputs).
Technical Support Contact: RZWQMSupport@ars.usda.gov
Operating System: Windows 7 and later.
Latest Version: 4.10: Release date: February 21, 2018
Download FormPlease complete the form below to track the use of the service we are providing and to help improve our product.
OMB 0518 - 0032(12 / 2018)
According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, an agency cannot conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number. The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 0518-0032. The time required to complete this information is estimated to vary from one to five minutes with an average of three minutes per response, including time for reviewing instructions, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to Department of Agriculture, Clearance Officer, OIRM, Room 404-W, Washington, DC 20250, and to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget.