Project Number: 8080-21000-024-21-N
Project Type: Non-Funded Cooperative Agreement
Start Date: Aug 1, 2012
End Date: Jul 31, 2013
The objective of this project is to develop a reliable pheromone lure for the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB).
ARS will acquire the basic knowledge of the identification of the BMSB pheromone. This information will be used by both to develop pheromone lures for this species. Scentry Biologicals, Inc. will formulate 80% of the material provided by ARS into pheromone lures at a standard loading for evaluation. These lures will be sent to ARS for evaluation. The remaining 20% will be evaluated by the commerical company and results will be returned to ARS.