|Archive: NPARL Brownbagger Webinars|
Speakers for NPARL’s 2018 BrownBagger season included:
- Feb. 16 –Venkata Chapara, Plant Pathologist / Asst. Research Prof., NDSU Research Lab, Langdon, ND. Topic: Management of Head Rot in Sunflowers Using Bee Vectoring Technology
- Feb. 23 – Patrick Gilchrist, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, NOAA, Glasgow, MT. Topic: What's to come? A look at climate change and what it means for northeast Montana
- Mar. 9 – Natalie West, Research Ecologist, USDA-ARS-NPARL, Sidney, MT. Topic: Effective Use of Biocontrol for Rangeland Weeds: An Overview and Update
- Mar. 23 – Amanda Stahlke, University of Idaho, PhD Candidate and Research Assistant in the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Program. Topic: Genetics and genomics can inform biocontrol management decisions: Perspectives and prospects from the tamarisk leaf beetle (Diorhabda spp) and whitetop (Lepidium draba)
- Apr. 6 – John Gaskin, Research Botanist, USDA-ARS-NPARL, Sidney, MT. Topic: The role of hy7bridization in facilitating tree invasion
Note: For questions or more information on NPARL’s Brownbagger Series, contact Beth Redlin at 406-433-9427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download a PDF of the poster for the full 2017 schedule.
Click here for a schedule of 2016's speakers.
In some cases, the presentations are recorded and made available to interested persons with the permission of the presenter.
- February 27 - David Branson, NPARL Entomologist, "Sustainable agriculture in Mozambique and ecosystems of Kruger National Park"
- March 6 - Mark Dixon, Assoc. Biology Professor, Univ. of South Dakota , "Effects of the 2011 Flood on Cottonwood Forests along the Missouri River"
- March 20 - Upendra Sainju, NPARL Soil Scientist, "Mulching and Nitrogen Fertilization Effects on Soil Water and Wheat Yield in China" (incorporating another interesting ag travelogue)
- March 27 - Ashok Alva, NPARL Soil Scientist, "Nutrient and Irrigation Best Management Practices for Potato"
- April 3 - Lance Vermiere, ARS Range Ecologist, Miles City, MT