|2019 ARS Soil Biology Workshop|
2019 ARS Soil Biology Workshop
March 6 & 7
Cropping Systems Research Laboratory
3810 4th St.
- Host discussion to expand/strengthen collaborations including exchange of resources and targeting funding opportunities in our network from ARS and outside, and then communicate to other soil biologists in our network.
- Determine technical objectives, scope, and responsibilities for proposed extramurally-funded project. Finalize a consensus 2-page white paper to be circulated to prospective sponsors.
- Determine feasibility of new cross-location research efforts; establish relationships with existing efforts, e.g., cross-location N study and Minion trials. Determine how supplemental resources could be applied to leverage existing and new initiatives.
- Day 1 (Tue March 5th)- Arrive at Lubbock, TX airport:
- Hotel:Hyatt Placeat 2309 MacDavis Lane
- Dinner: Orlando’s Restaurant at 24th& Ave Q (only meal covered on your own). Meet at the hotel lobby at 6pm.
- Day 2 (Wed March 6th)- All day workshop at USDA-ARS (Led by Mike):
- 8:30-11:45am: Extramural Project Proposal, technical approaches and objective.
- 11:45-1pm: Lunch (buffet) at the Texas Tech Club. East Stadium of Jones AT&T Stadium on the Texas Tech campus.
- 1:00-2:30pm: Finalize Extramural Project Proposal
- 2:30-3:30pm: Lisa Durso will explain a funding source/network she has found.
- 3:30-5:00pm: Veronica will discuss potential across location project and ARS funding
- 6:30pm: Dinner at Vero’s home.
- Day 3 (Thu March 7th)-Morning at USDA-ARS (Led by Veronica):
- 8:30am-10:30am: Host questions/discussions to finalize our plans for different collaborations. 10:30-11:30am: Call Dave Knaebel
- 11:30am-12: Final remarks
- Noon: Lunch boxes to grab. Depart for home.