|2019 CSRL Field Day|
Cropping Systems Research Lab (CSRL) Field Day
August 6 2019 - 8:15 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
USDA-ARS Research Farm, 3810 4th Street Lubbock, TX
[5 CCA Crop Management Continuing Education Units]
[2 Texas Dept. of Agriculture Continuing Education Units]
RSVP to: Teresa.McKelvey@ars.usda.gov
8:15 – 8:45 Registration and Coffee
8:45 – 9:00 Introduction and Overview
8:45 – 12:00 Field Tour
• Integrated Systems Approach for Optimized Irrigation Scheduling for Cotton Production Environments (James Mahan, Paxton Payton).
• Preservation of Cotton Fiber Quality: In-season management and harvesting decisions (John Wanjura, James Mahan, Will Dodge, Andrew Young, Paxton Payton, Greg Holt).
• Photogrammetric Growth and Yield Analysis of Raingrown Cotton (Will Dodge, Andrew Young, Paxton Payton, James Mahan).
• An Integrated, Inter-Regional Approach to Breeding Multiple Market Classes of Peanut for Enhanced Productivity and Sustainability under Water Deficit (Naveen Puppala [New Mexico State Univ.], Mark Burow [Texas AgriLife Research], James Mahan, Paxton Payton).
• Development of Advanced Physiological and Molecular Markers for Stress Tolerance in Peanut (Mark Burow [Texas AgriLifeResearch], Naveen Puppala (New Mexico State Univ.), James Mahan, Paxton Payton)
• Screening for Slow Wilting Phenotypes in Peanut (Paxton Payton, James Mahan, Tom Sinclair (North Carolina State Univ.])
• Phenotypic and Physiological Screening of Near Isolines of Multiseeded Sorghum (Gloria Burow, Zhanguo Xin, Chad Hayes, Yves Emendack, James Mahan, Paxton Payton).
• Identification of New Sources of Thermal Tolerance in Sorghum (Chad Hayes,Yves Emendack).
• Development of Superior Sorghum Inbred Lines through Marker-assisted Trait Pyramiding (Halee Hughes, Gloria Burow, Zhanguo Xin, Chad Hayes).
• Physiological Characterization of Maize Core Lines for their Diversity in Heat Stress Responses (Junping Chen, Haydee Laza, Paxton Payton).
• Introgression of Ethiopian Photoperiod Sensitive Germplasm with a U.S Adapted Breeding Line (Chad Hayes, Matt Nesbitt).
• Identification of Genetic Components of Heat Tolerance in Maize and Sorghum (Junping Chen, Haydee Laza, Zhanguo Xin).
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
• “The Current Legislative and Farm Bill Landscape” (Tom Sell, Combest, Sell and Associates).
• “Cotton Production and Processing Research Unit: Current Research and Technology Transfer Activities.” (Greg Holt, Cotton Processing and Production Research Unit).
• “Livestock Issues Research Unit: Pasture to Plate Food Safety”. (Rand Broadway, Livestock Issues Research Unit).
• “Research Activities of the Wind Erosion and Water Conservation Unit “ (Robert Lascano, Wind Erosion and Water Conservation Research Unit).