Research Plant Pathologist
- Elucidate the underlying mechanism of virus resistance in the resistant wheat variety Mace, its derivatives, and other sources to identify new disease-resistant lines with increased yield potential.
- Develop and evaluate transgenic wheat for disease resistance by expression of viral genome sequences in various forms.
- Characterize Triticum mosaic virus and Wheat streak mosaic virus in terms of gene function and rate of molecular evolution.
- Define the role of Triticum mosaic virus proteins in semi-persistent transmission by the wheat curl mite, vector of both Wheat streak mosaic virus and Triticum mosaic virus.
- Identify and characterize Triticum mosaic virus gene functions, host interactions and rate of evolution, and strain differentiation during horizontal transmission.
Distribution of GFP-tagged WSMV in wheat