Why are we doing this Study?
The price of different foods can have a big impact on what people choose to put in their grocery cart. Food prices also change over time. We are doing this study to see how changes in food prices affect what foods mothers choose for their families.
Who is eligible for this Study?
- At least 18 years of age
- Have at least one child up to 18 years of age residing in the household
- Primary grocery shopper for your household
- No health conditions or food practices that substantially limit food choice
- Not currently pregnant
- Willing to comply with all study requirements
- You or your family participate in a federal food assistance program such as: food stamps (SNAP), WIC, free/reduced school lunches
What is required of me for this study?
- Come to the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center for a ~1.5 hour visit
- During this visit you will be asked to “shop” at our laboratory-based grocery store using play money that we will provide
- Also during this visit you will be asked to complete several questionnaires
Will I get compensated for my time?
You will be compensated $70 or you can choose a Choice Health and Fitness membership (2 months individual or 2 months family)
Important Information for Non-US Citizens
Please be aware, compensation is offered for study participation. If you are not a United States citizen, you should check your documentation to make sure you can receive money from a non-University source without jeopardizing your status in the United States.
Who can I contact about this study?
If you have questions please call 701-795-8218 or
Applications are also available online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/153eligibility