|Fish For Health|
Fish For Health
Why are we doing this Study?
We invite you to join a study to determine if eating fish of differing omega 3 content will decrease inflammation and cardiovascular disease risk markers. In particular, we are studying farm-raised rainbow trout bred for different levels of omega 3 fatty acids. You will visit the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center for information and screening meetings to assure that you meet eligibility criteria for participation. If you qualify for and are interested in participating in the study, you will visit the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center for multiple visits over 34 weeks. The initial visits are the Information and Screening Visits where you will be given information about the study and screened to assure that you meet eligibility criteria for participation. The remaining visits are testing days, food record reviews with our dietician and to pick up food. This study is being conducted by Matthew J Picklo, Ph.D. at the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center in Grand Forks, ND.
The United States Department of Agriculture is funding this study.
Who is eligible for this Study?
- Men and women between 20-70 years of age
- BMI between 30.0-39.9 kg/m2
- Not a tobacco (smoking or chewing), e-cigarette, or nicotine gum/patch user
- Free of major medical conditions
- Not taking medications affecting lipid metabolism (Lipitor, etc.)
- No current use of n-3 supplements (fish oil or flax oil)
- May not be pregnant or lactating
- Willingness to comply with the demands of the experimental protocol
What is required of me for this study?
- Consume prepared meals of baked fish twice/week
- Complete three-day food records
- Provide blood and urine sample
- About 21 hours of your time over 34 weeks
Will I get compensated for my time?
You may be compensated as much as $500 for study completion.
Important Information for Non-US Citizens
Please be aware, compensation is offered for study participation. If you are not a United States citizen, you should check your documentation to make sure you can receive money from a non-University source without jeopardizing your status in the United States.
Who can I contact about this study?
If you have more questions please call 701-795-8396 or
Applications are also available online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CDMDGFT