|Exercise is Medicine|
Exercise is Medicine
Why are we doing this Study?
Although exercise is known to combat obesity and obesity related disease states, the mechanisms of action are not fully understood. We are doing this study to see how different exercise intensities affect anti- and pro-inflammatory responses to exercise.
Who is eligible for this Study?
- 18 - 50 years of age
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 20-29.9 kg/m2
- No injuries or disabilities that prevent you from exercising
- Are healthy enough to exercise
- Are not pregnant, lactating or planning to become pregnant in the next 6 months
- Have regular menstrual cycles (10+ cycles per year)
- Regular menses for the past 6 months
- Do not use tobacco products
- One of the following:
- Do not currently exercise (less than twice per week for the previous 3 months)
- Participate in CrossFit training (at least 3 times per week for the previous 3 months)
What is required of me for this study?
- Wear an ActiGraph physical activity monitor for 7 days
- Complete baseline assessments (blood draw, questionnaires, body composition via dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA), RRV)
- Eat a research specific diet for 3 days before each exercise assessment
- Food pick-up at the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center
- Complete 3 exercise assessments (75% HRR, 50% HRR, control)
Will I get compensated for my time?
You will be compensated for being in this research study. A total of $600 will be paid upon completion of all study requirements. You also have the option to receive an 11-month individual membership or an 8-month family membership of Choice Health and Fitness.
Important Information for Non-US Citizens
Please be aware, compensation is offered for study participation. If you are not a United States citizen, you should check your documentation to make sure you can receive money from a non-University source without jeopardizing your status in the United States.
Who can I contact about this study?
Applications are also available online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7VFSXBX