1. Herbicide reduce the less from weeds by $15.5 billion
per year in US.
2. One Cubic Foot per Second (CFS) of water flow is an acre inch per hour
or 651,000 gallons per day.
3. Irrigation scheduling is estimated to save 160,000,000,000
gallons of water per year.
4. 62,500,000 acres are irrigated in the US, and 19,000,000
of those by center pivots.
5. About 150,000 center pivots in the US contain more than
37,000 miles of pipe and need more than 2,100,000 tires.
6. A center pivot tower moves at speeds up to 0.1 miles per hour.
7. 40% ($45,000,000,000) of the revenue from US crops
comes from the 15% of acreage that's irrigated.
8. In 1997 there were 69,000,000 acres of corn in the US.
Colorado had 3,400,000 acres irrigated including 1,000,000 acres of corn.
Corn in eastern Colorado requires about 25" of water for full production.