Southern Plains Climate Hub Fellow
USDA-ARS Grazinglands Research Laboratory
7207 West Cheyenne Street El Reno OK 73036
Rottler, C.M., Steiner, J.L., Brown, D.P. 2018. Agricultural management impacts on soil health across the Southern Plains of the United States [abstract]. Ecological Society of America (ESA). Available at: https://eco.confex.com/eco/2018/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/74940.
Rottler, C.M., Brown, D.P., Steiner, J.L. 2017. Agricultural management impacts on soil health: methods for large spacial scales. Agricultural and Environmental Letters. p. 1-4. https://doi:10.2134/ael2017.09.0034.
Rottler, C.M., Steiner, J.L., Brown, D.P. 2017. How does agricultural management for soil health in the southern plains impact a suite of soil health indicators? [abstract]. Soil Science Society of America Annual Meeting. Available at: https://scisoc.confex.com/scisoc/2017am/webprogram/Paper106216.html.
Rottler, C.M., Burke, I.C., Palmquist, K.A., Bradford, J.B., Lauenroth, W.K. 2017. Current reclamation practices after oil and gas development do not speed up succession or plant community recovery in big sagebrush ecosystems in Wyoming. Restoration Ecology. doi: 10.1111/rec.12543.
Rottler, C.M. 2017. SciComm: No One Expects the Game of Twenty Questions!. Miscellaneous Publishing Information Bulletin. Available at: https://www.eccforum.org/scicomm-no-one-expects-game-twenty-questions.
Steiner, J.L., Brown, D.P., Briske, D.D., Rottler, C.M. 2017. Vulnerability of southern plains agriculture to climate change. Climatic Change. doi:10.1007/s10584-017-1965-5.
Rottler, C.M. 2016. Climate change, soil health, and ecosystem goods and services [abstract]. A Community on Ecosystem Services (ACES), Implementation Advances and Challenges. December 5-9, 2016, Jacksonville, Florida. Available: http://www.conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aces/documents/ACES_2016_Abstract_Book.pdf. pg. 259.
Rottler, C.M., Burke, I.C. 2016. Recovery of soil organic matter on reclaimed and unreclaimed oil and gas wellpads in the Sagebrush Steppe of the western U.S. [abstract]. ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting, Resilience Emerging from Scarcity and Abundance, November 6-9, 2016, Phoenix, Arizona. Available: https://scisoc.confex.com/scisoc/2016am/webprogram/Paper102045.html.
No projects listed for this employee. No news articles listed for this employee.
- Restoration/Reclamation Ecology
- Rangeland Ecology
- B.S. Biology from the University of New Mexico
- PhD in Ecology with a Graduate Minor in Environment and Natural Resources from the University of Wyoming
- TA & Instructor of Record in the Life Sciences Department at UW (2012-2016)
- Graduate research assistant at UW (2012-2016)
- Southern Plains Climate Hub Fellow (2016-Present)
- Rottler CM, Burke IC, Palmquist KA, Bradford JB, Lauenroth WK Current reclamation practices after oil and gas development do not speed up succession or plant community recovery in big sagebrush ecosystems in Wyoming. Restoration Ecology. doi:10.1111/rec.12543
- Rottler CM, Noseworthy CE, Fowers B, Beck JL (2015) Effects of conversion from sagebrush to non-native grasslands on sagebrush-associated species. Rangelands 37. doi:10.1016/j.rala.2014.12.004