Skip to main content
ARS Home » Plains Area » El Reno, Oklahoma » Grazinglands Research Laboratory » Agroclimate and Natural Resources Research » Careers

Careers at Great Plains Agroclimate and Natural Resources Research

What do you need to work in climate and natural resources research?

Great Plains Agroclimate and Natural Resources Research employs research physiologists, research agronomists, research geologists, research hydraulic engineers, ecologists, research meteorologists,  and soil scientistsGreat Plains Agroclimate and Natural Resources Research support staff includes chemists, computer specialists, ecologists, geologists, mathematicians, physical science technicians, mathematicians, soil scientists, and office staff.

To be in agricultural sciences and natural resources, earn a bachelor's degree in agriculture.  Agriculture--America's largest, most successful industry--involves business, technology, education, research, and production. And since agriculture depends upon the wise use of our natural resources, there are many career opportunities in the environmental sciences, as well. Agriculture draws heavily from mathematics, biology, statistics, biochemistry, microbiology, and chemistry, so those courses are important. Graduate degrees can lead you to more sophisticated research and development positions. In high school take as many courses in math, science, and English as possible. Also, take courses in computer science and communications.

Career Opportunities

The links below are to current ARS job openings listed at the official job site of the US Federal Government, USAJOBS.

ARS openings in El Reno, OK
ARS openings in Oklahoma
ARS openings nationwide