|New Scientist Program|
Welcome to the PA!
We welcome our new scientists to the PA and look forward to working with you in the months and years to come! Included below are pertinent links and other information on our Professional Development Program for new scientists.
Newly Appointed Scientist
Professional Development Program
- To assist all newly appointed Category 1 and 4 scientists attain standards of performance that will enhance their opportunity for success within ARS.
- To ensure fairness and equity in evaluating professional scientific development.
The Newly Appointed Scientist Professional Development Program (NASPDP) provides a 3-year period to enhance a newly appointed scientist's transition into an ARS scientific position and to carefully monitor and evaluate their progress. This program covers all newly appointed Category 1 and 4 scientists, thereafter referred to as new scientists [including research leaders (RL)] within the Plains Area (PA). It includes all individuals hired under either merit or demonstration program authority and irrespective of their probationary status.
Click on the following links for more information:
- Professional Development Program Information Letter (Acrobat PDF)
- Mentoring Handbook - March 2010 (Acrobat PDF)
- Results of Survey on the Mentoring Component: May 2006 (MS PowerPoint)
- Executive Summary - NASPDP Mentoring Survey Results - Summer 2007 (Acrobat PDF)