Welcome to the USDA-ARS
North Central Agricultural Research Laboratory
The North Central Agricultural Research Laboratory (NCARL),
Integrated Cropping Systems Research Unit,
is part of the Plains Area of the Agricultural Research Service.
NCARL is located in Brookings, South Dakota.
The Mission of the North Central Agricultural Research Laboratory is to incorporate ecological principles into integrated pest and crop management systems to improve the long-term resiliency and profitability of food production.
- Our employees, colleagues, customers, partners and their ideas.
- Natural resources, environmental quality, and a sustainable agricultural economy.
- Flexibility to accommodate change.
- Excellence through quality research.
- Science based technology that promotes agricultural sustainability.
- Research and technology development with a customer focus.
- A quality work environment that fosters a diverse work force.
NCARL is located on Medary Avenue approximately 1 mile north of the US Highway 14 by-pass in Brookings, SD.
Click here for directions to our lab (external link to MapQuest.com).