Our research is focused on the physiological interrelationships between stress, emotion, nutrition, and health.
· Stress-eating function in middle-age women of differing body composition
· The impact of eating breakfast on food intake behaviors and food choice
· The effect of dairy foods in normalizing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in overweight/obese adults following diet-induced weight loss
· Relationship between executive brain function, mood, and nutritional behavior in preschoolers
· Effects of sugar and aspartame on the brain’s response to stress.
· Impact of a healthy diet on stress system responsiveness.
· The effect of antenatal and infant lipid-based nutrient supplements on infant stress response in the iLiNS study in Malawi
· Effects of ingesting MSG on energy balance and eating behavior following moderate energy restriction and weight loss in overweight women
· HEALTH (Healthy Eating and Lifestyle for Total Health): Determine key factors influencing Dietary Guideline adherence in children and adults of major U.S. Racial/Ethnic Groups