|Tool & Machine Guard|
1 - Tool & Machine Guard
2 - Page 2
3 - Page 3
General Safety Rules
- Always follow the instructions in the user's manual.
- Use stable footing to maintain your balance.
- Do not try to use your tools in awkward positions.
- Keep the work area clear of clutter.
Before You Plug it in
- Check for loose or frayed cords.
- Only use double-insulated or three-pronged plugs.
- Be sure the power tool you need to use has a functioning guard.
- Properly tighten all nuts and bolts.
- Never place your finger on the start button while carrying a power tool.
- Never try to alter a tool to complete a task it was not designed to perform, i.e do not use a screwdriver as a hammer.
- Never remove a guard from a tool or machine.
- Power-grinding machines shall have proper grounding. Work rests must be kept at a distance not to exceed 1/8 inch from the wheel surface.
- Use a ground fault circuit interrupter.
- Use the tool for the task for which is was designed.
- Ensure the bits and blades are sharp.
- Check the hose connections for pneumatic tools.
Consider your Clothing
- Remove rings or other jewelry before you operate any machinery.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing and keep long hair pulled back.
- All persons using abrasive wheels shall use approved eye-protective devices.
| 2 3 Next >>|