Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Related Topics

Chemical Spill
headline bar



In Case of a Major Chemical Spill/Release

  1. Help the injured to the emergency eyewash and shower

  2. Alert others

  3. Avoid tracking spilled material

  4. Dial 911

  5. Close all doors

  6. Evacuate and meet at the evacuation assembly area on the lawn behind the building

  7. Assist emergency personnel

In Case of a Minor Chemical Spill/Release

  1. Call Kathie Moh (5-8849) and/or Cornell EH&S (5-8200)

  2. Use a Laboratory Spill Kit to clean spills

  3. Repeatedly wash spill area

  4. Contain clean-up material and dispose of properly

Last Modified: 8/12/2016
Footer Content Back to Top of Page