We are no longer recruiting for the Broccoli study. Thanks for your interest.
Broccoli II Study
To learn how the nutrients in well-cooked broccoli are metabolized and absorbed and how the nutrients affect markers of inflammation.
· 21-70 years of age
· Not diabetic
· Not vegetarian
· Study will consist of two 3-week diet periods with a 6-week break in between periods. During the two 3-week diet periods, volunteers will be fed a controlled diet provided by the Center.
· Participants will come in to the Center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· During the 6 weeks, participants will be allowed to eat only the items that we provide and they must eat all of the items that we provide.
· Blood, urine, and fecal samples will be collected during the study.
· Participants will be compensated.
· Study will start in February, 2017 and will end in May, 2017.
Interested in participating?
· If you are interested in participating, you must attend an information meeting. Dates and times for information meetings for the Broccoli II Study are:
Tuesday, January 10th at 5 PM
Wednesday, January 11th at 12 PM
Tuesday, January 17th at 5 PM
Wednesday, January 18th at 12 PM
Monday, January 23rd at 5 PM
Tuesday, January 24th at 12 PM
· Please click on the link on the left for “Volunteer Screening Process” for more information on information meetings, screening, study volunteer responsibilities, and directions.
· If you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-504-5454 and leave a message.