Systematic Mycology and Microbiology Laboratory
Researchers at the Systematic Mycology and Microbiology Laboratory study the systematics of fungi important as biological control agents and plant pathogens.
Find out more about our mission
Research projects on rust fungi, smut and bunt fungi, Diaporthales and canker-causing fungi, cacao pathogens, and the biocontrol fungi Trichoderma/Hypocrea.
- U.S. National Fungus Collections (BPI)
- Databases of specimens (BPI), literature, fungus-host distributions, nomenclature and index to Saccardo
- Interactive keys to Hypocreales of the southeastern United States, Hypomyces, Ravenelia, Tilletia, Trichoderma, and rusts on legumes
- Descriptions and images of invasive and emerging fungal pathogens
- Detailed nomenclature and related information for fungi of quarantine significance
- Images and keys from research publications