|USDA ARS National RHIZOBIUM Database|
1 - USDA ARS National RHIZOBIUM Database
2 - Page 3
3 - Page 5
4 - Page 7
5 - Page 1
6 - Page 6
7 - Page 4
1. Isolation, preservation and ultimately characterization of soybean bradyrhizobia from soil samples collected in Vietnam.
2. Isolation, preservation and ultimately characterization of rhizobia for native American clover species from soil samples collected predominantly in California.
3. Characterization of rhizobia for symbiotic traits, specifically those originating from soybean, alfalfa and clover isolated from plants grown in imported soil samples.
4. Development of techniques in molecular biology for application to the genetic characterization of microorganisms that interact with eukaryotic organisms.
5. Currently the focus is two-fold: i) evaluation of lateral gene transfer and its affect on the determination of evolutionary biology of rhizobia and related bacterial genera and ii) determination of chromosome plasticity in Rhizobium meliloti, the symbiont of alfalfa.
6. Evaluation of protocols that have been developed as methods for the investigation of other plant-microbe interactions.
| 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >>|